Sunday, November 15, 2009

Chili

This is my first blog post EVER. I hope it works! I make this chili recipe at least once a month. I usually make a big double batch in the crock pot and freeze it in 2-3 serving portions. Since I don't like the ground beef, I usually add it after I've defrosted the chili, right before I serve it. I love this recipe because it is so easy and it's great for using food storage items. Enjoy!

1 lb. ground beef, browned
1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 c. chopped celery
3 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 (14.5 oz) can pinto beans
1 (14.5 oz) can black beans
1 (14.5 oz) can kidney beans
1 package chili seasoning
ground cumin
chili powder

Heat a skillet on medium. Cook onion, green pepper, celery in 1T olive oil until soft (but not browned). Drain and rinse canned beans. Add canned tomatoes, cooked veggies and rinsed beans to crock pot. Stir to mix. Add chili seasoning. Add cumin and chili powder to taste. Stir in ground beef, if desired. Cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment